Sunday, July 20, 2014

5/20/2014

Hello All!

So, on Saturday we had our first baptism! The girl that got baptized was golden. She was committed before I came to this area, but we still got to teach her quite a few lessons. She accepted everything that we taught her. She was already deeply religious and studied the Bible a great deal and was so excited to learn about the gospel. It was miraculous to see how God prepares His children! He is so aware of each of us individually and is so loving. Everyone is different, so He prepares us all differently, yet He is in each of our lives. I love it.

The ceremony was lovely. Quite a lot of people came! We have great support in our branch. It is small, but powerful. I just love everyone it it. Everyone worked really hard to make the ceremony lovely. We all sang, had two amazing talks (that I couldn't understand ;0p) that you could feel the spirit so strong. Our investigator was baptized in a beautiful white dress and she just radiated with the Spirit. It was a miracle. I felt so blessed. How great God is to allow us to be a part of this work!

And now, a funny story that happened the other day. My companion and I had planned to meet with a member family. We love this family. They were expecting us, and so they were going to leave the door unlocked for us to walk in. We found the apartment and walked in but no one was home! We walked around a bit, knocked on some of the doors in the apartment to see if anyone was home but they weren't. So naturally we called them and asked where they were! "We are at home!" they said.... we said "really?" and the replied that they were! We then realized that we were in the wrong apartment! Gah! It was hilarious. We got out of there as fast as we could and laughed all the way until we made it to the RIGHT apartment.

Russia is amazing. I LOVE it. The people, the food, the smells... but mostly the people. The people here are really special. I am honored to serve among them. I can't really speak very well, but I never feel discouraged because I know it will come! What is more is I get to to witness God in my life every day. When I show faith and open my mouth, he fills it,. It can be scary talking to people, but God helps me immensely, I love being able to witness that miracle every day and I am humbled by it!

Work here is great. Russia is beautiful and wonderful. I am so happy to be here! Sometiems I wonder, "why did I not want to go on a mission before? What took me so long to come?" I know that God knows each of us - I know that He knows what is best for us. The greatest honor we can have in this life is to submit our will to Him! He will bless us more than we can ever imagine! How great the gospel is! How great out God! How great our Savior!

I miss you and love you all! :0D May God bless you as He has blessed me!


Love Sister Poet

No comments:

Post a Comment